Electronic Arts Tops Estimates
Net revenue, excluding the impact of the change in deferred revenue, is expected to be between $1.63 billion and $1.8 billion. Analysts were expecting net revenue of $1.61 billion and earnings of 94 cents a share.
For the fiscal year, EA expects net revenue, excluding the deferred revenue impact, of $3.8 billion to $4 billion. Analysts were expecting revenue of $3.76 billion.
Excluding charges, the company expects earnings between 85 cents and $1.15 a share. Analysts were expecting earnings of 94 cents a share.
EA's Madden NFL 08 game was its best seller during the second quarter and sold 4.5 million copies. The total number of Madden games sold were down from a year ago, but revenue remained stable because of higher pricing for the title this year, said EA. The NCAA Football game sold 1.7 million copies across four platforms while the Tiger Woods PGA Tour title sold 1.6 million copies.EA generated $130 million in revenue, excluding deferred revenue, on games for the Nintendo systems. Revenue from its online products grew 58% from a year ago to $42 million. Excluding deferrals, revenue from consoles such as Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox 360 and Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 3 grew 20% to $618 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV