Asia: Local Matters Trump Fed
Asia Pacific's Do is bullish on Asia for the long term, and says that issues such as subprime lending have not affected the region at all.
"Although we watch the U.S. day-to-day, the medium term correlation between the U.S. and Asia is not that straightforward. The U.S. is up 10% this year, whereas in the case of Asia it's about 45%, so you feel there must be some kind of decoupling from the traditional point of view [of the U.S. leading Asia]."
"There will be some unbelievable performances over the next six to twelve months," he adds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV