Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Bank on Banco Bradesco
Corning a Value Play
An upcoming FCC ruling on cable companies' relationships with building developers and owners should benefit Corning (GLW), Cramer said. Additionally, the company has innovated bendable optical fiber, a development that should significantly reduce the cost of installing cable networks in apartments and apartment buildings, Cramer said.
Furthermore, Corning has issued a conservative forecast in a recent earnings report. Cramer believes that means the company is playing the underpromise, overdeliver game. Compared with other companies in its sector, the company is tremendously undervalued, Cramer said. Investors looking to make a play on LCD companies and fiber optics should take a look at this company.
Tesoro TreasureCramer said investor Kirk Kerkorian's recent interest in Tesoro (TSO) could help lift the stocks of other refiners, such as Valero Energy (VLO) (SUN), Sunoco (SUN) and Marathon Oil (MRO). Of the three, he prefers Marathon.
Cramer was bullish on Vodafone (VOD), Annaly Capital Management (NLY), Perry Ellis International (PERY), NexCen Brands (NEXC), Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH), Synchronoss Technologies (SNCR), ValueClick (VCLK), Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG), Research In Motion (RIMM), Furmanite Corporation (FRM), Foster Wheeler (FWLT), Altria (MO) and Colgate-Palmolive (CL).Cramer was bearish on J2 Global Communications (JCOM) , 3SBio (SSRX), Vimpel-Communications (VIP), E-House (China) Holdings (EJ), ConAgra Foods (CAG), Synaptics (SYNA) and Procter & Gamble (PG).
Sudden DeathDuring the Sudden Death round, Cramer was bullish on Research In Motion (RIMM) and Diana Shipping (DSX). He was bearish on Palm (PALM) and Coach (COH). Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV