Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Bank on Banco Bradesco
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Brazil's banks should offer solace to investors who are turned off by America's weak consumers, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show on Tuesday.
Calling Brazil's growing economy "investor nirvana," Cramer pointed out that Latin America provides an important market to American companies that are suffering at home.Whirlpool (WHR) and Colgate (CL) can both attribute today's earnings success to Latin American exposure, Cramer said. Brazil is particularly good for investors because its consumers are growing richer. The Fed also has a role in a Brazil play. Lower interest rates are great for Brazil's banks, because "credit cards and mortgages are a recent discovery" for the country," Cramer said. Lower interest rates in America mean the Brazilian market will open up as well. Additionally, global money managers want to buy banks, but takeover targets are scarce. Brazil offers two possible candidates: Banco Bradesco (BBD) and Banco Itau (ITU). Banco Bradesco is the best way to play the Brazilian utopia, Cramer said. BBD has five advantages over ITU. First, BBD is the larger of the two banks. Second, it has fewer bad loans as a percentage of total loans. Third, BBD is the market leader in asset management insurance and pension plans. Fourth, BBD has 20% of its ATMs and branches in the wealthier northern half of Brazil compared to ITU's 6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV