Asian Markets Muddle
China Life Insurance (LFC) shares lost 0.1% in Hong Kong, to HK$51.95, faring similarly in Shanghai, down 0.08%, to 75 yuan.
For the moment, Lee recommends sticking with property stocks such as Cheung Kong Holdings (CHEUY) and petroleum stocks, since she says most shares are overvalued.
"Stocks have been overbought and most of the valuations are at big premiums to expectations now," says Paribas' Lee. "There needs to be a correction in the volatility of the market, and we need to see more consolidation if the Chinese market is to stay healthier."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV