Powerwave Hit by Sales Miss
Powerwave (PWAV) comes up a bit light on sales but says wireless spending is picking up.
The Santa Ana, Calif., wireless-network partsmaker posted an adjusted loss of $10.2 million, or 8 cents a share, in the third quarter. That compares with a pro forma loss of $21.1 million, or 16 cents a share, in the second quarter.
Sales for the third quarter ended last month were $200.7 million, up from $185.6 million in the second quarter and well above $145.8 million last year.
Analysts were looking for a pro forma loss of 8 cents a share on $202.7 million in revenue, according to Yahoo Finance.Powerwave, along with infrastructure supply giants such as Ericsson (ERIC) and Tellabs (TLAB) have seen their order rates whipsawed by sudden spending cuts this year. But Powerwave says the storm may have passed. "While there have been some concerns expressed by several participants in the wireless market concerning slowness within the marketplace, we continue to believe that the second half of this year is showing signs of increased demand for wireless infrastructure equipment," CEO Ron Buschur said. Powerwave shares traded down 11 cents to $6.08 in afterhours trading Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV