Don't Play Family Feud With Your Business
Now the company's bottom line takes precedence over her sister's spouse. "I have made
Money can be a major point of contention in many families, so nail down compensation and percentages in lucid written agreements to avoid brawls and squabbles later, Romeo advises.
Can't We All Just Get Along?
Remember your parents' heated debates on living room decor? In a business setting, clashing opinions scream even louder, so prepared to get diplomatic.
"We work like a Japanese consensus model. Once a decision is made, everyone rallies behind it as opposed to continuing to press their point of view," says Dennis Pinto, managing director of
But It's His Turn!Passing the blame or burden between siblings is a classic move, but if nobody in your family likes to shoulder responsibility, you're in for an aggravating and noncommittal ride.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV