This Week's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds related to financials were among the best performers of a winning week, despite mixed earnings reports from key names in the sector.
On Wednesday, Merrill Lynch (MER) sank sector ETFs, following its greater-than-expected $7.9 billion writedown due to the credit crisis. The stock, however, rebounded Friday on rumors CEO Stan O'Neal would be forced out of the position.
Countrywide Financial's (CFC) rosy guidance on Friday also buoyed financial names, helping the stock to finish the week higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV