Feuerstein's Biotech-Stock Mailbag
Well, soon after that posting, the FDA told Exact that it wanted the company to seek formal regulatory approval for its diagnostic test. That sent the stock reeling, because it signals more delays and setbacks for Pregen-Plus, which has already been hit with years of delays and setbacks.
I view Exact with the same lens as a company like Discovery Labs (DSCO), i.e., train wrecks that might, perhaps, possibly, eventually, one day turn themselves around. But there's no guarantee, and the track record certainly shouldn't give anyone confidence that the carnage can be cleaned up.
It seems better to sit on the sidelines and wait for something good to happen.
Manuel E. writes: "I am from Portugal. I appreciate very much your articles, they are informative enough and your opinions are wise. Thank you. Please let me know what you think about Prana Biotechnology (PRAN) and its drug against Alzheimer's disease." Thank you, Manuel. I left Prana out of my recent column looking at various Alzheimer's drugs in clinical trials. It was an accidental oversight on my part. The company recently announced that patient-dosing in a phase IIa study of its drug PBT-2 is finishing up, with data expected in the first quarter of 2008. I don't have an opinion on PBT-2; we'll see what the data from this trial tell us. My friend Harry Tracy, editor and publisher of the NeuroInvestment newsletter, however, isn't a big fan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV