Feuerstein's Biotech-Stock Mailbag
And if Delcath is so great, why is the stock such a laggard, even before this FDA setback? It may be simplistic, and I may be woefully shortsighted, but might there be a good reason that it has never really traded much above $5?
I've also received many emails about Exact Sciences (EXAS), including this one from Andre L.:
"I've enjoyed your work over the years. I had a question on Exact Sciences. It originally caught my eye when Odette Galli, your former colleague, wrote about it as an alternative to colonoscopy."It's been a long road and it looked like the Pregen-Plus test was about to be included in the Ameircan Cancer Society guidelines, which meant that the insurance companies would reimburse patients (i.e., pay Exact). Now the FDA seems to have sent a warning letter about this "device" and about some additional steps that Exact may have to jump through. What's your take on this whole situation?" A blogger/stockpicker posting on the SeekingAlpha Web site seems to be responsible for the early October run in Exact Sciences. This guy was touting the stock's potential for an "exponential increase" on speculation that the Pregen-Plus screening test for colon cancer would soon receive blessing and inclusion in the American Cancer Society's colon-cancer screening guidelines, with Medicare reimbursement to follow soon after.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV