Funds That Hold Top 5 Small Caps
Each weekday, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
For investors who prefer the diversification offered by mutual funds to owning individual stocks, here are some of the biggest holders of the companies that were on our list as of Friday, Oct. 26.
LSI Industries (LYTS):
(DNSVX)Dunham Small Cap Value fund allocated 1.04% of its portfolio as of Jan. 31, according to Thomson Financial.CAM Commerce Solutions (CADA): (BPLSX)Robeco Boston Partners Long/Short Equity allocated 0.99% of its total portfolio as of March 31, according to Thomson Financial. Gorman-Rupp (GRC): (PEQIX)Pioneer Equity-Income Fund allocated 1.88% of its portfolio as of Feb. 28, according to Thomson Financial. This represented 6.08% of all shares outstanding. (MSEIX)Managers Special Equity held 3.16% of shares outstanding as of March 31, accounting for 0.20% of the company's total assets. (WMKSX)Wesmark Small Company Growth allocated 2.10% as of Jan. 31, according to Thomson Financial. Hallmark Financial Services (HALL): Hallmark comprised 2.61% of (PAGFX)Polynous Growth fund's portfolio as of March 31. On February 28, (TRESX)TrendStar Small Cap held 1.43% of shares outstanding. This represented 2.41% of its total portfolio. Axsys Technology (AXYS): (RYDFX)Royce Discovery Fund allocated 0.81% of its total portfolio as of Dec. 31, according to Thomson Financial. For a description of the top five small-cap companies and an explanation of their ratings, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV