Friday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Cheap Stocks suspects that Lazare Kaplan International (LKI) might go private.
Lam Research and Charter Communications (CHTR) are among the System Trades of the Day today.
Modern Graham does valuation only like it can on Peabody Energy (BTU).
Did Facebook just get hit with the Microsoft (MSFT) curse?
Should you short this Nasdaq stock that has octupled in the past two months?
What are the top yachts owned by the top CEOs, and should we short these stocks?
Hey, don't forget that e-commerce sales are up 23% year over year. I guess the consumer is A-OK after all.
Unusual stocks of the day: stocks that rose on unusual volume yesterday, and stocks with unusual option activity. These are all potential breakout plays.
Techcrunch notes that CNet Networks, (CNET) "awash in cash," might announce a buyback. When will someone say, "James Altucher, awash in cash, etc."?
It's too bad all of these brilliant analysts didn't recommend EMC (EMC) 6 points ago when we were doing it on RealMoney.
OK, so all the news is out now about NutriSystem (NTRI). But what do all the analysts say?
It's pretty scary when Google Earth can be used to plan terrorist missile attacks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV