F5 Sales Chief Leaving
F5 (FFIV) beat fiscal fourth-quarter targets but guided in-line for the current quarter and said its sales chief will leave next month.
The Seattle Web switchmaker posted an adjusted profit of 31 cents a share. That number compares with pro forma earnings of 29 cents a share in the year-ago period.
Sales for the fiscal fourth quarter ended last month were $145.6 million, up 10% from $132.4 million in the prior quarter and 30% above the $111.7 million level a last year.
Analysts were looking for adjusted profit of 11 cents a share on $144 million in revenue, according to Yahoo Finance.The news comes a mere 24 hours after Internet gearmaking rival Riverbed (RVBD) reported disappointing numbers that sent the shares down 27% Wednesday. Looking ahead, F5 says it expects fiscal first-quarter earnings to be around 21 cents on $155 million in sales. That forecast is roughly in line with analysts expectations. F5 shares fell $3.76, or 9%, to $36.71 in after-hours trading Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV