Arris Matches Estimates
Arris (ARRS) shares rose on a solid third-quarter earnings performance.
The Suwanee, Ga., cable networking shop posted adjusted earnings of 21 cents a share, repeating the second-quarter profit number but missing the year-ago quarter's 27 cents.
Sales in the quarter ended last month were $254.7 million, flat with the prior quarter but 11% above the $228.6 million mark last year.
Analysts were looking for pro forma earnings of 21 cents a share on sales of $258 million, according to Yahoo! Finance."As we enter the final quarter of 2007, our business continues strong. Our market focused strategy is working and we look forward to further enhancing our overall position with our recently announced agreement to acquire C-Cor (CCBL)," CEO Bob Stanzione said in a press release. The company says it expects to close the C-Cor deal by year-end. Looking ahead, the company says it expects an adjusted profit of 20 cents to 23 cents a share on sales in the range of $250 million and $265 million, in line with the Thomson Financial analyst consensus estimate. Arris shares were up 26 cents to $12.39 in after-hours trading Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV