EMC's Murky Outlook
Investors also hope that virtualization will help spur data storage sales by motivating companies to upgrade to so-called storage networks better suited to virtualized data centers.
As a result, VMware's third-quarter results, which come out after the markets close on Wednesday, will have a large influence on EMC's shares.
Tony Trzcinka says EMC's stock doesn't fully reflect the value of its 86% stake in VMware, leaving upside potential if VMware continues it skyward sales growth and stock price appreciation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV