Red Sox Go Green, and So Can You
If the manufacturer of your office equipment doesn't offer recycling, donate your old stuff to schools or nonprofits. You'll prevent toxic materials from entering a landfill, you won't have to pay to dispose of the material and you'll be eligible for a tax deduction. If you're in manufacturing, ask your suppliers for recycled materials--they may even be less expensive than new materials.
If you're not already recycling all your paper, bottles and cans, get cracking! You may save money by reducing the amount of trash you need to toss in the landfill. For their part, the Red Sox will add more recycling bins throughout the park and hold a fifth inning recycling stretch.
Want some help? There are plenty of resources out there to help you make your business as green as Fenway's Monster. Friends of the Earth Scotland offers a free online office audit, then provides personalized advice based on your results. The Green Office offers all sorts of environmentally friendly office supplies as well as a free consultation to help you make your business environmentally sustainable. And Energy Star also provides guidance for small business owners on topics including tax incentives, loans and grants that can help you transition to a greener business model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV