Red Sox Go Green, and So Can You
The Red Sox are headed to the World Series, thanks to an 11-2 trouncing of the Cleveland Indians in the final game of the American League Championship Series. But the Sox aren't just making news on the sports pages. They've also recently announced a
By 2012, fans at Fenway will munch local hot dogs and locally grown organic produce under energy-efficient lights while drinking local beer in cornstarch-based cups. The club is even considering installing solar panels to reduce the electricity it draws from power plants.
Those efforts come on top of existing initiatives to use nontoxic cleaning products and to recycle: The club so far this season has recycled 10 tons of cardboard, saving an estimated 170 mature trees, 4,600 gallons of oil, 70,000 gallons of water and 41,000 kilowatt hours of electricity.
Think your company is too small to be able to afford such a move? Well, think again. Here are a few things you can do to make your operation environmentally friendly and save money:Reduce Your Energy Use Start by upgrading your lighting. Replace any incandescent bulbs with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV