Monday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSX) was among the biggest small-cap winners Monday as the sector enjoyed a midafternoon surge along with the major indices.
Shares of the Fort Myers, Fla., company skyrocketed 43.3% on late Friday's announcement that Vestar Capital Partners agreed to buy it out for $32.50 a share, or $1.1 billion including debt assumption. The deal should close in the first quarter.
Shares gained $9.34 to $30.90 in support of the Russell 2000, which lately leapt 1.2% to 808.24.
RadiSys (RSYS) helped fire up both the Russell 2000 and the S&P SmallCap 600 -- the latter recently up 0.9% -- after Cantor Fitzgerald stamped a buy rating on the Oregon-based computer-systems maker. The analyst cited strong earnings at key customer Nokia-Siemens, among other things. RadiSys shares traded 15.8% higher at $13.57.PetMed Express (PETS), or 1-800-PetMeds, saw climbing fiscal second-quarter income of 18 cents a share on revenue that shot up 17.6% to a slightly better-than-expected $51.5 million. Analysts were looking for 17 cents a share, excluding special items; last year the Florida pet-medications purveyor made 14 cents a share. Petmed stock was up 84 cents, or 6.1%, to $14.68. Elsewhere, management-and-consulting firm China Direct (CDS) boosted its full-year earnings guidance to more than $9.5 million from the prior $8.25 million. The Boca Raton, Fla., company also padded its revenue outlook by at least $25 million for a new outlook of more than $175 million. Shares were up 19.1% to $9.93.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV