You Ask, Cramer Answers
On Stockpickr Answers Monday and over the weekend, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
Just wanted to ask your opinion on National Oilwell Varco (NOV), compared to Transocean (RIG). I own 100 shares of NOV at $71.23,
would you hold the NOV or split the position with RIG?
What is your opinion of the oil services sector? I know you have been very bullish, but at the end of this last week there was a huge pullback.
Has your position changed?
- What are your thoughts on investing in wind power companies for a clean energy play? Could they be the next solar power plays? Any thoughts on Composite Tech (CPTC)?
About a month ago you featured Grant Prideco (GRP) on your show and you strongly endorsed buying it. Since then the stock has come down a bit and oil has gone up, which would seem to make it an even better buy. But on your show you sort of downplayed GRP, saying there are better names out there.
What has happened to cause your loss of conviction?
Do you still feel that metals/mining are a good bet at this point in the cycle?
Sterlite Industries India (SLT), is mining copper, aluminum and zinc in India and Australia. This new IPO's price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio seems low.
I enjoyed watching you, along with Maria Bartiromo and Erin Burnett, on Tim Russert's show this weekend. You mentioned that the U.S. needs to take action to work towards a "fair trade" relationship with China. You also mentioned that Secretary Henry Paulson and others have been unsuccessful in achieving much progress on this front.
What specific actions can the U.S. take, and what tools can it use to help affect a "fair trade" relationship with China?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV