Cramer's 'Mad Money Lightning Round': Palm Slapped
To see the full "Mad Money" Recap, please click here.
Here's what Jim Cramer had to say about some of the stocks that callers offered up during the "Mad Money Lightning Round" Thursday evening from the campus of Georgia Tech in Atlanta:
RBC Bearings (ROLL): "Man, I gotta tell you, this is a very plain vanilla company. ... I'm gonna give you one thumb up. ... I gotta split the difference and give you an OK, and maybe even say Don'tBuy."Palm (PALM): "I think Palm is really scary, and I don't trust it. And why don't I trust it? It's poorly managed, poorly run. ... I like Research In Motion (RIMM)." Macy's (M): "I gotta tell you... the guy [Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Terry J. Lundgren] is beginning to get me nervous and worried. ... Their stock is low, it seems cheap. ... But there is no way I'm gonna buy a retailer right now. ... I think Macy's is too dicey right now." IBM (IBM): "When I went through the conference call, they directly said the impact of the financial problems this summer is cutting back on orders. ... I think you mark time at $115 until the next quarter."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV