AT&T Moves Ahead on DISH Deal
EchoStar also improved its chances last month by saying it would pay $380 million for TV-over-the-Internet device maker Slingbox and possibly incorporate the technology as part of its consumer TV service.
The Slingbox device could be part of a key service offering down the road as new radio wave spectrum becomes available to so-called open standard devices, says one person familiar with the companies.
AT&T shares rose 7 cents to $42.26 and EchoStar was up 81 cents to $49.85 in early trading Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV