Thursday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
The Talented Blonde figures that nobody is buying dog food anymore, or pretty much anything other than the Apple (AAPL) iPod, clothes from lululemon (LULU) and a few others.
Stockpickr's System Trades of the Day include trades this morning on LDK Solar (LDK), PetSmart (PETM) and more.
Wall Street Mayhem explains why it is taking profits on Ninetowns (NINE).
Why is Standard & Poor's so down on Boeing (BA).
Why did Merrill say Google (GOOG) is worth $740?
And then why did Merrill say Research In Motion (RIMM) is worth $140?
Hilary Kramer likes to fly Republic Airways (REP).
Wallstrip is going Post-It on 3M (MMM).
I can't believe it. Google passed Wal-Mart (WMT) in market cap.
Paul Graham makes sense when he says if you have a start-up, you need to move to Silicon Valley. I'd argue New York City is equal, but it depends on the start-up.
Notable Calls is all gung-ho on a tiny company called Cisco (CSCO).
Unusual stocks of the day: stocks that rose on unusual volume yesterday, and stocks with unusual option activity. These are all potential breakout plays.
By the way, we have a new feature at Stockpickr.com.: email alerts. If any stock in your portfolios appears on Jim Cramer's Lightning Round, 52-week highs, 52-week lows, biggest percentage losers/gainers, stocks with unusual option activity, stocks with unusual volume, latest activist situations, and several other lists in our Today's Lists section, then you get an email alert informing you of the situation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV