Infosys Rides Tech Spending Strength
SAN FRANCISCO -- Investors are showing renewed enthusiasm for one of India's flagship tech services giants, Infosys (INFY), ahead of what is expected to be a strong earnings report late Wednesday.
The company's shares recently climbed about 1.5% to $54.86, on top of a gain of more than 3% Tuesday, as traders turned their focus to strong demand for tech support services, rather than profit headwinds like India's appreciating currency.
Early indications suggest that spending on IT services remains healthy. In late September, Accenture (ACN) reported 23% revenue growth, in local currency terms. Robust sales growth in Europe gave investors hope that these regions can help offset an economic slowdown in the U.S., outsourcers' largest market. IT service providers have also indicated that they have been able to phase in price increases.
What's more, business from Infosys' largest customer bases has far outpaced overall market growth. In the last quarter, revenue grew 39% from financial services clients, 32% for manufacturing clients and 75% from telecom clients.In light of the favorable outlook, Ashish Thadhani of Gilford Securities believes that Infosys' stock is retuning to a reasonable valuation after investor fears led to excessive selling. Gilford doesn't have an investment banking relationship with the company. In past months,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV