Study Results Lift Angiotech
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals (ANPI) rose in after-hours trading Tuesday on news that a recently completed pivotal trial on an anti-infective coated catheter hit its primary efficacy endpoint and had a promising safety profile.
The company plans to file Premarket Notification 510 (k) documents with the Food and Drug Administration for its anti-infective 5-Flouraouracil-coated (5-FU) Central Venous Catheter. The 5-FU coating is designed to prevent catheter-related infections as effectively as traditional antiseptics and antibiotics.
Angiotech anticipates launching the commercial 5-FU CVC product line in 2008, pending the receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals.
Shares rose 73 cents, or 11%, to $6.67 in recent after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV