Tuesday's Winners & Losers
California Pizza Kitchen (CPKI) rose 4.5% to $19.59 after the restaurant operator raised its profit estimate for the third quarter to a range of 4 cents to 5 cents a share.
The company said revenue rose 13.5% to $162 million for the quarter, and same-store sales were up roughly 3.5%. California Pizza Kitchen had forecast a comp sales increase of 2% to 3% and earnings of 3 cents to 4 cents.
Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI) jumped after the company released details from a successful public demonstration of an all-electric Fiat Doblo to government officials and potential commercial customers in Oslo, Norway. The car was powered by an Altair battery.
AeroVironment (AVAV), Micro-Vett and Go Green Holding also participated in the trial last week. The car traveled 186 miles, and the custom battery pack was fully recharged in less than 10 minutes a total of three times using AeroViroment's charging system. The vehicle is being tested for 60 days. Altair was surging 36% to $4.70, and AeroVironment was up 5.4% at $26.56.Miramar Mining (MNG) advanced 23.5% to $6.36 on word that Newmont Mining (NEM) will buy the company for around $1.5 billion. Newmont will pay C$6.25 in cash for each share of Miramar. Shares of Newmont were gaining 1.7% to $45.60. IT services provider Yucheng Technologies (YTEC) gained 7% to $14.24 after the company won contracts with Agricultural Bank of China, Bank of Beijing, Huishang Bank and Guangdong Development Bank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV