Funds That Hold Top Five Value Stocks
Each weekday, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
For investors who prefer the diversification offered by mutual funds to owning individual stocks, here are some of the biggest holders of the companies that were on our list as of Tuesday, Oct. 2.
L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL):
(SHRAX)Legg Mason Partners Aggressive Growth had 2.52% of the company's shares outstanding as of Feb. 28, according to Thomson Financial. This represented 2.78% of the fund's portfolio.Parker-Hannifin (PH): The (PGRWX) Putnam Fund for Growth & Income allocated 1.03% of assets as of June 30, according to Putnam's Web site. American Funds' (ANCFX)Fundamental Investors Funds allocated 0.52% of assets to the stock as of June 30, according to the American Funds' Web site. It held 2.5 million shares. Petrobras-Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR): (PRLAX)T. Rowe Price Latin America fund allocated 3.99% of assets to the stock as of March 31, according to Thomson Financial. The iShares S&P Latin America 40 Index Fund (ILF) allocated 4.47% of assets as of March 31, according to Thomson. Hess (HES): (TRMCX) T. Rowe Price Mid-Cap Value allocated 1.24% of assets to the stock as of March 31. (MEIAX)MFS Value allocated 1.21% of assets as of Aug. 31, according to MFS' Web site. Northrop Grumman (NOC): American Funds (symbol)Washington Mutual Investors Fund held 13.5 million shares on June 30, which was 1.18% of its total assets, according to the fund's Web site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV