Funds That Hold 5 Top Small Caps
Each weekday, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
For investors who prefer the diversification offered by mutual funds to owning individual stocks, here are some of the biggest holders of the companies that were on our list as of Friday, Oct. 5.
LSI Industries (LYTS):
(LRSCX)Lord Abbett Small-Cap Value held 6.01% of shares outstanding as of Feb. 28, which represented 0.57% of the fund's assets, according to Thomson Financial.Preferred Bank (PFBC): T. Rowe Small-Cap Value (PRSVX) allocated nearly 0.35% of its total portfolio as of June 30, holding 570,800 shares, according to the company's Web site. Donegal Group (DGICA): DFA U.S. Small Cap Value (DFAVX) held 3.35% of shares outstanding as of Feb. 28, devoting 0.12% of total assets, according to Thomson Financial. American Physicians Service Group (AMPH): (DFSCX)DFA U.S. Micro Cap Series was the fund with the largest holding as of Feb. 28, holding 36,700 shares, about 0.5% of shares outstanding, according to Thomson Financial. Axsys Technologies (AXYS): (MSEIX)Managers Special Equity Fund held 223,150 shares, allocating 0.22% of its portfolio, as of Aug. 31, according to the company's Web site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV