Thursday's Late Winners & Losers
A number of tech stocks were mired in the red after the close Thursday, but emerging as a winner was Alcoa (AA).
The Pittsburgh aluminum maker
The company also set plans to "significantly restructure" its electrical and electronic solutions business in the Americas and Europe. For all of the above, it will incur third-quarter charges totaling around $845 million. Shares traded up 0.9% to $38 in recent after-hours action.
On the flip side, Research In Motion (RIMM) traded choppily despite in-line fiscal-second-quarter financials. The BlackBerry maker said earnings doubled from last year to 50 cents a share, or $287.7 million, and revenue more than doubled to $1.37 billion.Still,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV