Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
The small-cap sector mimicked the choppy broad indices and traded little changed Thursday, despite some big moves among individual names.
General Steel (GSI) was one of the biggest winners, surging some 50% to $14.25 after getting listed on the American Stock Exchange. The China-based steel concern previously traded on the OTC bulletin board.
Another China-based company, Orsus Xelent Technologies (ORS), shot up 52% to $4.93 after projecting a year-over-year sales increase of more than 20% in the third quarter. That would mean a top line in excess of $24.6 million for the cell-phone designer.
(HEPH) surged 24% after saying its HE3235 cancer treatment "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV