Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
The small-cap sector mimicked the choppy broad indices and traded little changed Thursday, despite some big moves among individual names.
General Steel (GSI) was one of the biggest winners, surging some 50% to $14.25 after getting listed on the American Stock Exchange. The China-based steel concern previously traded on the OTC bulletin board.
Another China-based company, Orsus Xelent Technologies (ORS), shot up 52% to $4.93 after projecting a year-over-year sales increase of more than 20% in the third quarter. That would mean a top line in excess of $24.6 million for the cell-phone designer.
(HEPH) surged 24% after saying its HE3235 cancer treatment "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV