Tuesday's Late Winners & Losers
Among the biggest winners in a relatively quiet after-hours session Tuesday was Capstone Turbine (CPST), which saw shares jump on word of a lucrative new deal.
Greenvironment Oy, Capstone's distributor in Finland and Germany, sent the Chatsworth, Calif., company an initial $3.8 million order for its C200 microturbine systems, which will be used for biogas applications. Deliveries are slated to begin in September of next year and to complete in December 2009. Capstone shares were adding 11 cents, or 9.6%, to $1.26.
Metabasis Therapeutics (MBRX) was another big price gainer, after the European Commission granted orphan medicinal product status to its proposed primary liver cancer treatment, MB07133. That entitles Metabasis to 10 years of market exclusivity if the drug is approved for that indication, as well as grant eligibility and other benefits.
The designation is given to drug candidates for treatment of life-threatening or chronically debilitating diseases that are rare in the European Union. Shares of the California-based biopharma company were spiking 15.9% to $3.29.But Micron Technology (MU), of Boise, Idaho, fell 4.2% after the chipmaker
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV