Midway Games Guides Lower
SAN FRANCISCO -- Video game publisher Midway Games (MWY) warned that it will miss its financial expectations because of delays in the release of key titles this year and lower-than-expected sales of its latest game, BlackSite: Area 51.
For the third quarter, Midway expects to post a loss of 33 cents, wider than its previous guidance of a loss of 23 cents a share.
Excluding charges, it expects a loss of about 27 cents a share, compared to its prior estimate of 17 cents a share. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting a loss of 22 cents a share.
Revenue for the third quarter is likely to be $39 million, lower than its previous estimate of approximately $50 million. Analysts are expecting revenue of $51.7 million.Midway attributed the shortfall to its decision to release its game, Stranglehold, for Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 3 console in the fourth quarter rather than the third quarter, and the delayed release of another title, Unreal Tournament 3, for the PS3 into the first quarter of fiscal 2008. Midway also said the company is seeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV