Funds Holding Top Five Value Stocks
Each weekday, TheStreet.com Ratings compiles a list of the top five stocks in five categories -- fast-growth, all-around value, large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap -- and publishes these lists in the Ratings section of our Web site.
For investors who prefer the diversification offered by mutual funds to owning individual stocks, here are some of the biggest holders of the companies that were on our top-five value list as of Tuesday, Oct. 2.
L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL):
(SHRAX)Legg Mason Partners Aggressive Growth had 2.52% of shares outstanding as of Feb. 28, which represented 2.78% of the fund's portfolio, according to Thomson Financial.Petrobras-Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR): (FLPSX)Fidelity Low-Priced Stock held 9.8 million shares as of Jan. 31, which represented 1.42% of the fund's assets, according to Thomson Financial. Hess (HES): American Funds' (AGTHX)Growth Fund of America allocated 0.24% of the fund's resources as of June 30, according to the American Funds Web site. It held 7.5 million shares, more shares outstanding than any other fund. Murphy Oil (MUR): American Funds' (symbol)Washington Mutual Investors Fund held more than 4.34 million shares on June 30, which was only 0.55% of its total assets, according to its Web site. Telefonos de Mexico (TFONY): This stock is not widely held by U.S. mutual funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV