The 50 Best Stocks in the World
Despite chaos in the financial markets and murky economic trends, the market-beating gains from my 50 Best Stocks in the World portfolio show that you can still ignore all that stuff and just concentrate on buying and holding the best stocks.
At least that's the evidence from nine years of this long-term portfolio. Buy and sell just once a year and keep turnover at those annual revisions to just 10%. (That's five buys and five sells out of a portfolio of 50 stocks.)
Then hold -- and count your gains.
The gain on the 50-stock portfolio as of the market close Sept. 20 was 20.66% for the previous 12 months. That beat the 14.83% gain of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and the 18.37% gain of the Nasdaq Composite Index.And it has worked out just fine during the nine years that I've run this portfolio. For those years, the 50 Best Stocks in the World portfolio is up 70.96% vs. a 49.12% gain for the S&P 500 and a 59.74% gain for the Nasdaq Composite. By the way, you can do even better than this by following macroeconomic trends and picking sectors that benefit from those trends. But that style of investing takes more work and time than many people have. And it's a more aggressive style, with bigger ups and downs, than many investors are comfortable with.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV