Credit Crunch Continues, Thornburg Exec Says
Goldstone believes that for Thornburg's part, all the restructuring has positioned the lender to benefit from credit dislocation by being able to scoop up market share from the roughly 50 lenders that have gone under during the credit disruption.
That said, Goldstone believes that potential homeowners may want to reconsider the way they view homeownership in light of the mortgage shakeup.
"Real estate is not the asset class to be in, in my view," he says. Potential buyers "need to have a longer term view and realize that [housing] is a really illiquid asset."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV