Dollar Ticks Up Vs. Euro
The greenback was edging higher against the euro Wednesday, a day after its downward break to an all-time low in the wake of the Federal Reserve's rate cut.
Euros were changing hands for $1.3962, down from $1.397 late Tuesday. Dollars fell to 115.75 yen from 116.23 yen a day earlier. The pound was selling for $2.0134, up from $2.012 previously.
"The currency appears to be entering a period of consolidation before extending its losses further," writes the foreign exchange team at Brown Brothers Harriman, in a recent market brief.
The PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV), which follows currencies, was rising 0.3%.The CurrencyShares Euro Trust (FXE) was losing 0.3%, and the CurrencyShares Yen Trust (FXY) was gaining slightly. Elsewhere, the U.S. dollar was little changed against the Canadian and Australian dollars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV