Dykstra: Eastman Chemical Calls Brewing
The Fed knocked one out of the park yesterday, and investors cheered and opened their wallets in celebration. Yesterday's highly anticipated interest rate cut announcement and subsequent market surge demonstrate just how quickly investors are willing to put their money back in the game.
Before the party's over, I plan to add to a few open positions while the deep-in-the-money (DITM) calls are still cheap. I am going to place the following market orders at the open today:
(MOT) October $15 (MOTJC) -- 40 contracts.
Precision Drilling (PDS) December $22.50 (PDSLX) -- 30 contracts.
Methanex (MEOH) October $20 (QPNJD) -- 40 contracts.
Massey Energy (MEE) October $20 (MEEJD) -- 30 contracts.
These buys will give me a much lower cost basis in these positions, and they will be in much better scoring position -- literally.Now, let's move on to today's play. Eastman Chemical (EMN) has developed into a major producer of chemicals, fibers and plastics. Among Eastman's operating segments are its CASPI (coatings, adhesives, specialty polymers and inks), specialty plastics (engineering polymers) and fibers (acetate tow and textile fibers) units. Its performance polymers segment is the No. 1 maker of polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a plastic used to make packaging for soft drinks, food and water. The last segment manufactures performance chemicals and intermediates. Eastman's products go into such items as food and medical packaging, films and toothbrushes. Eastman Chemical is also the proud owner of a solid balance sheet. The company has a forward
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV