Celera, Merck Ink R&D Deal
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. According to the agreement, Celera will evaluate the use of gene expression profiles after which the companies plan to use the diagnostic predictors in Merck's clinical trials to establish commercial companion tests for oncology therapies.
Merck will pay Celera an undisclosed amount for the collaboration, which the companies said they expect to be completed by the end of Celera's fiscal 2008. Also, if Merck transfers one of the gene expression profiles that Celera validated to a clinical reference laboratory, Celera is eligible for an additional payment.
Celera shares edged up 11 cents, or 0.8%, to $13.27, and Merck was down 40 cents, or 0.8%, at $49.14. Applera was 24 cents, or 0.7%, higher at $33.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV