Wednesday's Health Winners & Losers
Health stocks looked vibrant Wednesday after a plethora of regulatory and clinical updates.
First, a Food and Drug Administration advisory panel on Tuesday
A smaller-cap company, Vision-Sciences (VSCI), took off Wednesday after announcing that it received 510(k) clearance from the FDA to market a new line of digital, video-based flexible endoscopes, which come with an integrated "built-in" light source so that a separate camera head, light cable and optical coupler aren't needed.
The ENT (ear, nose and throat) and TNE (transnasal esophagoscopy) scopes are the first two in a series to be introduced by Vision-Sciences. Shares rose 48 cents, or 26%, to $2.26.And for the second time in two weeks, investors fueled Cardica (CRDC) shares. The company said Wednesday that it received
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV