Tuesday's Health Winners & Losers
Investors seemed pleased Tuesday with health stocks like Corcept Pharmaceuticals (CORT), which leapt 36%, on an overall flat-to-positive day for biotechs and pharmaceutical companies.
Corcept climbed $1.18 to $4.58 after saying that the Food and Drug Administration indicated it had opened the investigational new-drug (IND) application for Corlux, as a treatment for Cushing's syndrome.
Corcept said the FDA indicated in the IND that a single study may provide a reasonable basis for the submission of a new-drug application (NDA) for Corlux to treat Cushing's syndrome; this allows the company to initiate the 50-patient open-label study defined by the protocol it submitted. The company said it expects to open the trial for enrollment late in the fourth quarter.
(IMCL) gained Tuesday after the German drugmaker Merck KGaA, which sells the cancer drug Erbitux in Europe, said that
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV