Top 10 Dividend Stocks of the Week
Despite massive layoffs in the mortgage industry, recession fears, dramatic declines in employment figures and a depressed and volatile stock market, there are still companies out there with a strong enough belief in their future business to increase their dividends .
Stockpickr has sorted through the list of last week's dividend-raisers and assembled the Top 10 Dividend Increases for the Week of Sept. 8, those stocks with the highest percentage increase in dividends.
The NYSE-traded stock with the most significant dividend increase is CBS (CBS). The television network -- which also owns radio stations, billboards and various publishing companies including Simon & Schuster -- just raised its quarterly dividend by 14%. The 25 cents-a-share payment equates to a 3.2% yield. CBS also announced that it plans to buy back $1.6 billion worth of its stock. CBS stock has a
| Does an increased dividend bolster your confidence in a stock?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV