Monday's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds tracking the real estate and housing sector were among the worst performers Monday, after a Federal Reserve official offered a bearish outlook for the sector.
San Francisco Fed President Janet Yellen told the National Association for Business Economics that the recent financial market turmoil will prolong the housing sector adjustment. Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) and ProLogis (PLD) were both lower by more than 1%.
The Ultra Real Estate ProShares (URE) was falling 72 cents, or 1.7%, to $41.52. The First Trust S&P REIT (FRI) ETF was down 69 cents, or 3.9%, to $17.11. The SPDR Dow Jones Wilshire International Real Estate (RWX) was off by $1.32, or 2.2%, to $58.63.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV