Friday's Financial Winners & Losers
(NCC), meanwhile, was among the multitudes of stocks weighing on the
NYSE Financial Sector Index after a substantial number of brokerages cut their earnings estimates for the Cleveland-based bank. This comes a day after National said it will
National City shares sank 1.1% to close at $26.38 as the NYSE financial tracker slid 134.75 points, or 1.5%, to 8802.96. The KBW Bank Index, of which National City is also a member, shed 1.3%.
Also suffering from downbeat analyst research was
(BSC), which surrendered 2.1% after a Bank of America analyst
American Capital Strategies (ACAS) was also in the red after confirming it will offer 6 million of its shares -- a million more than it had preliminarily announced after the bell Thursday -- for $39.40 apiece. Underwriters have an option for 900,000 more in order to cover overallotments.The offering is being made under the Bethesda, Md., asset manager's existing shelf registration. Shares closed off 3.4% to $38.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV