Friday's Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades
CHANGE IN RATINGSAerCap (AER) upgraded at Goldman Sachs to Buy from Neutral due to better growth opportunities and more reliable earnings than peers. See superior returns driven by larger scale. Price target at $33.
Commercial Metals (CMC) upgraded at Citigroup from Hold to Buy. $40 price target. Expect the steel market to recover, and the stock looks attractive following a 20% sell-off.
Cooper Companies (COO) upgraded at Citigroup from Hold to Buy. Earnings were lower last quarter because of a higher tax rate, but sales growth trends remain strong. Core products are also taking market share, and earnings upside now seems possible. $60 price target.
Cooper Companies numbers lowered at Jefferies. Price target dips to $46 from $48 and 2008 EPS estimates drop to $2.80 from $2.85. Reiterates Hold rating.Federated Investors (FII) upgraded at JP Morgan to Neutral. Commercial paper market concerns are overblown for high-quality managers like Federated. Fifth Third (FITB) upgraded at Bernstein from Underperform to Market Perform. $36 price target. Potential downside appears limited from current levels, despite continued credit concerns. Ingersoll Rand (IR) initiated at Morgan Stanley with an equalweight rating and $58 price target. Kforce (KFRC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Suntrust Robinson Humphrey. Earnings could fall below consensus estimates, as the finance and accounting staffing markets should slow down.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV