TheStreet.com TV Recap: Sifting Through Microsoft Rumor Mill
"Unlikely they'll be bought," Cramer said of Blackberry device maker RIM, a $45 billion market-cap company. Cramer told stockpickr.com's James Altucher that RIM was "incredibly overvalued on a takeover basis," although he believes it's a "supreme company."
Cramer said Microsoft is "so IBM (IBM) in 1988, it's frightening ... they think they're a nimble growth company."
What about Microsoft buying Yahoo! (YHOO)? Altucher asked."Yahoo! does have 10 bucks cash [a share] and securities, and [Chinese e-commerce company] Alibaba," Cramer said. "I think Yahoo! has the worst management of the Net," Cramer said. "Microsoft could vastly improve Yahoo! if they had it. "Microsoft should bid 28 for Yahoo!, and get Yahoo!, but they won't because they think MSN (Microsoft's commercial Web site) is better than Yahoo!," Cramer said. What Cramer found most intriguing was the prospect of eBay (EBAY) buying Yahoo!. Cramer said that in an eBay-Yahoo! merger "you'd see both of them fly up. Marriage made in heaven. I would love it. eBay actually could do something with Skype (its Internet telephone service). The combo would own auctions worldwide. "Microsoft, other than aQuantive (AQNT), feels it's better at everything than anyone," Cramer said. "Maybe it was at one time. But that's a terrible amount of hubris to run a company with."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV