Tuesday's Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades
CHANGE IN RATINGSAmerican Eagle (AEO) upgraded at Cowen to Outperform. Company posted strong August sales, and should be able to deliver 15% earnings growth.
American Financial Group (AFG) upgraded at Credit Suisse to Outperform from Neutral based on valuation. Cites company has improved profitability and deleveraged its balance sheet. Lowered target price to $33 from $38.
AGCO (AG) upgraded at Credit Suisse to Neutral from Underperform based on margin expansion opportunities and very strong farm cycle. Raised target price to $46 from $17.
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) downgraded at Goldman to Sell from Neutral due to valuation. Although management has made attractive moves to lower costs and invest in pipeline, valuation continues to run ahead of fundamentals. Price target at $30.Dominion Resources (D) downgraded at Bernstein from Outperform to Market Perform. Stock lacks potential catalysts, following the E&P sale and buybacks. $96 price target. Davita (DVA) upgraded at Deutsche Bank from Hold to Buy. $68 price target. Company should be able to navigate through a Medicare price cut better than previously thought. Company also has the capital to make accretive acquisitions or buy back stock. Exelis (EXEL) downgraded at Wachovia from Outperform to Market Perform. Late-stage pipeline news is already priced into the stock. FTI Consulting (FCN) downgraded at Merrill Lynch from Neutral to Sell. Valuation call, as the stock is up 88% for the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV