Tuesday's Winners & Losers
Milwaukee-based staffing concern Manpower (MAN) is planning a new share repurchase program, which gives the company the ability to buy back up to 5 million shares. The company can spend up to $400 million.
The company also said it completed the previous repurchase of 4.4 million shares for a total of $325 million. Manpower lost 0.7% to close at $72.07.
CKE Restaurants (CKR) amended its credit facility, boosting the aggregate amount of its term loan to approximately $270 million, a $100 million increase. CKE will use the proceeds to reduce its $200 million revolving credit facility by $100 million.
Seperately, the Carpinteria, Calif., restaurant operator signed a deal to sell 34 Hardee's locations in North Carolina. The restaurants were sold to Boddie-Noell Enterprises, the largest Hardee's franchise operator. CKE was up 2.1% at $16.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV