Gateway Bought by Acer
Taiwan-based computer vendor Acer has agreed to acquire PC maker Gateway (GTW) for $710 million.
The deal values each share of Gateway at $1.90. Gateway closed Friday at $1.21, but was jumping 62 cents, or 51%, to $1.83 in premarket action Monday. The stock has traded between $1.13 and $2.44 in the past year.
Acer said the acquisition will create a company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue and shipments in excess of 20 million PC units a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV