Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fantasy Football Portfolio
It is one of the only stocks that has raised its dividend every year for the past 50 years. Emerson is what you want to own if the Federal Reserve cuts interest rates as expected.
After doing a two-for-one split last year, Emerson is now up 180% from its low of $33.50 seven years ago. It's now priced at $48 with a 2.2% yield, and Cramer likes it.
Emerson and P&G are the "two best in show for the S&P," he said.
Game PlanIn his "Game Plan" segment, Cramer said that the market needs to see some weakness before the Fed will cut interest rates. He's thinking of the 7 million people who will lose their homes without a Fed move. Additionally, he believes that consumer spending will wane. First in his plan is Dollar Tree Stores (DLTR), a company selling lower-cost goods. It should report a good quarter Wednesday, he said. On concerns about the mortgage business, Cramer said that Freddie Mac (FRE), reporting Thursday, is in a field that is "too politicized" for him to have 100% conviction. Cramer also told viewers to avoid H&R Block (HRB). Warren Buffett has sold his stake in the company, due to post earnings on Thursday, and Cramer does not see any good news forthcoming. Shifting over to the tech sector, Cramer likes Dell (DELL), calling it a "best buy for next week" ahead of upgrades. It could go to $30, he said, adding that he also likes Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), which he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV