Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fantasy Football Portfolio
Considered the "speculative player" of the portfolio, Giants' running back Brandon Jacobs is Level 3 (LVLT), which has to prove itself, said Theismann. Cramer called this a fiber-optics YouTube play.
New England Patriots' Randy Moss is the streaky player who sizzles at times -- like Intel (INTL). Cramer likes its management and said that "in the fall, it's right."
As defense is also important in a portfolio, Theismann likes Coca-Cola (KO), the Baltimore Ravens of the market. Cramer said the stock is always there "on bad days."
Cramer liked the portfolio, though he was concerned that both Level 3, whose debt was up recently, and Six Flags "have questionable balance sheets."
The Emerson EdgeAs this was a "big, big week for the markets," many of the stocks Cramer was recently considering are now out of his price range. However, Emerson Electric (EMR), stayed put and remains in range: Emerson is "all over the board" in terms of what it does, as it makes everything from appliances and farm equipment to computer hardware and software. It is a real "rest of worlder" because it does a lot of overseas business. But it is not a "stock for all seasons," Cramer said. Like Procter & Gamble (PG), the play if the Fed doesn't cut rates fast enough, Emerson is a "great dividend stock."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV