Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fantasy Football Portfolio
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
"Today, we saw everything up," said Jim Cramer on his "Mad Money" TV show Friday.
Cramer said that oil, tech, infrastructure, retail and brokers did well as a whole, and that he's even "warming up to the homebuilders." His pick of that bunch is Toll Brothers (TOL).Sports and stocks have much in common, said Cramer, adding that an analysis of both requires "the exact same skill set." Cramer welcomed football legend -- and investor -- Joe Theismann onto the program. Keeping up with this week's Fantasy Football drafts, Cramer had the ex-Redskins quarterback pick his championship players on the field and on the Street. According to Theismann, the "franchise player" of a stock portfolio -- as equated to Colts QB and Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning -- is Monsanto (MON). Theismann said that Monsanto has diversified investments, pays a 1% dividend and has opportunity to grow. Cramer agreed that it could be best of breed and has a solid foundation. Philly Eagles' QB Donovan McNabb, or the "comeback player," is Six Flags (SIX). Theismann likes the company's management and that it's building eight new roller coasters. Cramer partially agreed, citing past weather problems for the company. The "sleeper player" of the portfolio whom no one is paying attention to is Lions' QB Jon Kitna, or Wells Fargo (WFC). Theismann believes that it will have "deep pockets" from mortgage profits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV